Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My time in Vancouver

In my last entry I totally omitted the time I spent in Vancouver with my sister, Leigh, and her husband, Bob. Very remiss of me, not the least reason being that they very generously gave me their bed while they slept on a blow-up mattress on the living room floor.

Although they live in Calgary, they have a one-bedroom apartment in Vancouver, and they choose to spend the whole summer there.

It was wonderful to see them again! To see their Vancouver environment and to do some Vancouver things with them. While I was there we saw a Matisse exhibition at the local art gallery. Matisse was a mystery to me until then, art connoisseur that I'm not, and I really enjoyed this visit and his paintings.

Leigh also arranged for me to see a Chinese acupuncturist, for which I was grateful. my Chinese Herbal doctor, Dr.Chen, had suggested that I seek acupuncture when I can as 3 months is a long time to be without treatment. I had also seen a practitioner in Hamburg while I was there.

Leigh and I visited Granville Island one day, going across on the cute little ferry from the mainland. Then we walked back to the mainland. The weather was quite mild, so Leigh and I went out for a bike ride one day-see pic below. We had intended to do it more than once, but ran put of time and good weather.




We also had a wonderful family dinner with Bob's sister, Evelyn, and his brother, Tom and Tom's wife, Jenny.

We strolled along the beachfront during the pleasant evenings and generally had a great, summery, quiet time.

My visit there was also a chance to see Leigh's middle son and his family. Scott and Sarah now have 3 sons and it was great to meet with them and spend time getting to know the little boys. Sarah's parents also invited us for a beautiful dinner in their new home in North Vancouver.

From Vancouver I flew to Atlanta, via Chicago, and started my lengthy stay with Nikki and her family.

Right now, it's 10.38pm in Atlanta on Tuesday 21 August.

No comments: