Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two Weeks with the Beautiful Isabel and her Family

This photo was taken on Mothers' Day.  She was on her best behaviour.  We went to a restaurant at Broadbeach for lunch and she slept the whole time - even while her Mum and I ducked into a gorgeous shop before we got in the car to come home.

The two weeks with Isabel and her family included:
  • lots of cuddles
  • lots of washing
  • lots of time spent just gooing over her
  • lots of time spent with her brother, Oscar
  • lots of great time spent with her Mum and Dad - Debs and Tim
  • the time spent with Oscar included story time, of course, and both of us riding bikes and scooters. Unfortunately those outdoor activities were cut short on Monday 7th, when I came a cropper off my scooter, took a lot of skin off, bruised many body parts - that are still hurting - and broke my left arm.
What followed? - emergency department at a local hospital, Xrays, CT scans, surgery, plaster casts then a more modern plastic cast, 2 nights in hospital, visit from surgeon and hand therapist who issued instructions about exercises, referral to Wollongong hand therapist and instructions for another xray in 6 weeks.

That brought on decisions that had to be made about all sorts of things - doctors' visits had to be changed, I had to elicit the help of my friend, Ros, to gather scanned documents that would help excuse me from jury duty I was supposed to commence today. I was excused.

Well, now I couldn't drive the Hopemobile home, so it stayed at Tim's and I flew home this morning. Still working out how and when I can get it back to the Gong.  If, as you are reading this, you think you might like to fly to the Gold Coast and then have a leisurely campervan trip back the the Gong, then let me know.

This has all been typed with one hand, so now I need a rest.

It's 6.16pm on Tuesday 15 May 2012

No comments: