Monday, September 5, 2011

On the road again


Well, the Hopemobile and I are on the road.

I spent the weekend in Sydney, with the bonus of having brunch with Tim and Debs at Waverley on Sunday morning before setting off to head north. I drove to Singleton to stay overnight with the Williamsons - Sarah and Hamish, Max and Lucy. The children (Max and Lucy) love the van and we spent some time sitting in it reading stories after dinner.

Today I meandered up the New England Highway under blue sky and sunshine, stopping for short breaks along the way and detouring into the small towns of Denman, Jerrys Plains and Sandy Hollow and into the Washpools at Towarri National Park.

Tonight I am camped at Wallabadah beside a creek with several other happy campers who tell me they often stop here on their travels north or south. Cooked some fish, sweet potato chips and tomatoes on the BBQ beside the creek before retiring under the doona to read and to write this post. G'night :)

No comments: