Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oops - it's been 2 weeks..

Two weeks already since my last post here. That's been 2 weeks free of ANY medical stuff. It's been heaven. But I'm back now to the regimen of consultations, tests, chemo etc



Well - I did go to Port Douglas with my Dad for a week's R&R. And that's exactly what it was. Dad and I had adjoining serviced apartments and really took advantage of the warm temperature (26'-28' every day), sometimes a little cloud cover in the mornings, but the rest of the days were open blue sky and sunshine, without wind. Perfect for long walks along 4 mile beach, reading, lounging by the pool - in the sun for Dad and under the shade of the palms for me - naps at any time of day, lunches or dinners at wonderful restaurants. It was very relaxing.


Dad loves his mud crabs!


Dad went on a fishing trip and caught lots of fish and had a great time. We went to the Daintree and took a boat ride on the river to view crocs, tree snakes and beautiful birds. Otherwise, we just hung around the resort.



Coming back to freezing Wollongong was a bit of a shock. Max 12' yesterday!!!!!! Swimsuit and sarongs and shorts and thongs, T shirts and summer dresses are now back in storage and the scarves and gloves and coats and boots are out again.

Yesterday I went to my Chinese doctor. He was very pleased with my condition and said that my chi is improving. His expression was "I can see a bubble"

Today I'm having lunch with my friend Karen to celebrate her birthday and tonight going with friends to an Australian Chamber Orchestra concert.

And next week - blood test, consultation with the oncologist and then my next dose of chemo.

Will report then

Thursday 14 July @ 10am

3 comments:

Carmen in Pambula said...

Sounds like you had a sunny time up north! And those mud crabs - amazing. Hope you had a happy Bastille Day... I'm in process of organising our south coast Bastille Ball for tomorrow night...tres bonne!
Glad you're sounding great.
Love Carmen

Rose Bank said...

Hi Terrie
Just trying again

Rose Bank said...

Hi Terrie
Now that I have "mastered" the comment...You made me feel warmer instantly,even though we lit afire at (unheard of time for afire 10am) its cloudy, threatening rain.
Love the mudcrabs and Dad.
Also read the Kili post. Nikki is a writer who grabs me. Was going to leave a comment but as I have never suceeded before thought I wd try yours first.