Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So far, so good

Hi everyone. Hope life is going as well for you as it is for me. Tomorrow I'm leaving home to go north for a little over 3 weeks to house sit on the Gold Coast. I'll be glad to get away from the winter chills - do hope that it's going to be a bit warmer up there.

I have completed the course I've been doing which will qualify me to become a Civil Marriage Celebrant in Australia. That is - I've submitted all the assignments and am now waiting for the final assessment results to come. So far, so good. Once I receive my Certificate of Achievement I need to submit an application for registration to the Attorney General's Dept. They review registration applications every 3 months, so I'm not sure exactly when I will officially be a CMC! One thing at a time, though. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Today I had my regular fortnightly visit with the Chinese Herbalist for a consultation and acupuncture. He says I'm doing very well. Because I'll be away for a while I have a small acupuncture needle in my left ear that will stay in for 10 days. It's to give me energy to substitute for the session I'll miss in 2 weeks time. I feel well and have been walking and riding my bike regularly to keep up my fitness level. Yesterday I even had a game of tennis - it's been a long time, and it felt great. Golf will come next, but I'm still working up to that.

Well, off to pack my bag for the trip north. Thanks for reading. Talk again soon.

No comments: