Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas


Right now, here in Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia, it's 11.14pm on Christms Eve as I start to write this message. All is quiet in the house and all is ready for Christmas Day tomorrow.

Today I had the stitches out of my top lip and the doctor was very complimentary of the stitching job that had been done by the nurse practitioner at Wollongong Hospital. It still doesn't look too good, but I'm assured it will be fine when it's totally healed. Metho on it for the next two days to help dry it out and then Vitamin E cream and/or Bio Oil.

Nikki and the children left yesterday and are safely back in Hong Kong. What a wonderful time we had together while they were here. And now I'm hoping to join them in Hong Kong in February.

Chemo carries on! The last tablets for this round are on Boxing Day and then nothing until 9 January. Black pudding doesn't taste any better, but I'm perservering. Blood tests show haemoglobin is OK. Will have other blood results later. I feel fine - just run out of energy far too soon each day. But that's a great excuse for a nanna nap!

I have a friend who has written a greeting and wishes for 2008 in French, Japanese and English and I'd like to share it with you.

Le voudrait-on, on ne retient pas le fleuve du temps, déjà 2008.
Au moment de basculer dans une nouvelle année pas question de regrets,
Le voyage continue avec de belles raisons de croire et d’espérer.
Le temps se presse mais il nous fait aussi de beaux cadeaux,
La bonne nouvelle c’est que 2008 nous donnera encore de
bonnes raisons de partager ensemble la lumière du monde.
Vite, vite, 2008 c’est maintenant; toute une année
ce n’est pas trop pour entreprendre et réaliser tous nos voeux.
Bonne et Heureuse Année



どんなに強く望もうとも、時の流れには逆らえず、もう2008年。
新たな年にさしかかろうという今は名残惜しむ場合ではなく、
信じて、そして希望を持つという素晴らしい道理と共に旅は続いていきます。
時は急ぐけれども私たちに素敵なプレゼントもしてくれます、
いい知らせ、それは2008年が世界の光をみんなで分かち合う
という確かな理由をまだ私たちに与えてくれることです。
早く、早く、もう2008年です、1年すべてを使っても
私たちのすべての願いを実現するには十分ではないのです。
良いお年をお迎えください。


Even if we want to we shall never succeed in holding back the flow of time
2008 is already round the corner
As we are about to move into a new year, no regret should prevail
The journey continues with wonderful reasons to continue to believe and to hope
Time is pushing us but it is also providing us with a beautiful gift
The good news is that we shall have many more opportunities in 2008 to share together in "the light of the world"
Let's move quickly, 2008 is upon us
A year is not enough............. therefore let's not waste time.
A happy and prosperous new year to all!

I couldn't have said it better my self. Thank you, my friends , for being my friends. You are all very special to me. Merry Christmas for tomorrow and enjoy your journey as we approach 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terrie, So sorry you couldn't join us for lunch today at Mollie's. Helen and I were looking forward to seeing you. Nerver mind, it is much better for you to rest up ... and the traffic was so terrible between Nowra and Berry, so it would have been worse from Wollongong. I hate being on the roads at this time of the year. Mollie had lots to eat, (as usual) however she is a tad disapointed that Helen and I only were drinking either juice or water ... Think she wanted us to get on the 'turps' ..:) I hope you had a wonderful Xmas with your family. Lots of love, Sandra & Helen (via Mollie's PC)

Little D said...

Hi Terrie,
Thinking of you as always. Thank you for the Christmas Card.

I know you're fed up the the black pudding---have you tried the stewed apples and mashed potato with it?

I hope you have a Very Happy Birthday today.

With love and affection
Little D