Sunday, November 18, 2007

Back from Bundanoon


It's my cousin in HIS Rolls Royce arriving to take me for a drive.
Sunday night and all's well.


The week at the Quest for Life program is over and I've been home since Friday afternoon. The program covered so much about so much - and it was quite confronting, emotional, exhausting and yet peaceful at the same time.


It was specifically for people living with life threatening illnesses and I wasn't sure that I wanted to hang around for a week with a whole lot of other cancer sufferers. That was the one hesitation I had about going. Many special friends had advised me to attend and that advice was sound. Every participant was an amazing person and I found the contact with them quite inspirational. It was not about dying, it was all about living.


It has given me a lot to think about and that will take time. It's taken me the whole weekend to think about what I will write here tonight! So what you have in the previous paragraph is all you'll get for the moment. I am pleased to say that I have had a week of pampering as well as an overload of information that will take time to process. So, bear with me, please. Does anyone grow loads of beetroot?


The effects of the chemotherapy are minimal, so I'm functioning fairly normally. I do hope that means that it's doing a really good job - as it's supposed to. I went out for a short ride on my bicycle today as the morning was so gorgeous. Didn't make it very far, but I'll keep working at it while the weather is so great.


Look forward to talking with you again soon.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hey i didn't know you had such affluent cousins what a ripper!!
Glad you are back and had a good week well inspirational week and hope you are preparing yourself for the 1st of December!!! Take care talk soon love always Les/Matron